Monday, September 16, 2013



Two months in.... CRAZYTOWN. Things here in Arizona, are good!! WE had a couple set backs this week but also some pretty amazing experiences. Just a funny story from this past week. WE are visiting this less active family and this past friday we taught their son about baptism. We asked him why he thought it was important when he was baptized to be completely submersed in the water.  His response: "Because the Holy Ghost is way, way down there." hahaha so good. 
 
Due to the fact that it's blazing here, my companion and I stop on occasion at the gas station to fill up our waterbottles. well on this one occassion, there was this man standing outside of the gas station smoking. we approach him and explain who we are.  his response: "oh, i'm mormon... or i was when i was12" That started a whole conversation, and it turns out that he hasn't been to church in over 45 years. But it also turns out that the man that baptized him when he was 8 was the same man whose house we were going to dinner to that night!!! So CRAZY. seriously, what are the chances. we got his information and we're going to stop by his house this week. 
 
Hattie, our 14 year old investigator, is doing really well. We had a lesson with her this past week about eternal families and eternal marriage. It was probably the lesson in which I have felt the Spirit the strongest.  We were talking about how we were so grateful to have the knowledge that we can be with our families forever and how knowing that has given us so much comfort and stregnth in this life. Her family life is extremely difficult, her two older brothers are drug addicts and dropped out of high school and her mom is in a mental institution after trying to commit suicide. but i could see in Hattie, this love and hope, that I really had never seen in her before. she said: " so you really think i can be happy and have someone who will treat me well, like those special couples. Is that really possible?"
 
I just want to say that I know more than anything that it is possible. We all deserve the best because we are children of God. He loves us. I don't understand everything, but I do know more than anything that we all have a loving Father in heaven who is rooting for us to succeed. So many people think that they deserve less, well they don't. We are all special and we are so important.  That much I know. I know that this mission has been the hardest thing that I've ever done in my whole life, but I also know with every fiber of my being that we can surmount any difficulty and challenge that we face through the stregnth of the Lord. Through him we can do all things. 
 
I love you all so much! have a great week and I'll talk to you soon!!!
 
PS: this morning it was 95, I was excited.... what has happened to me here.
 
PPS: QUOTE OF THE WEEK : "He started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done and he did it"- Edgar Guest
 
Love ya!
 
Sister Healy
Biking is fun in the sun....even with 115 degree heat and bike shorts under the dress!!!

Spiderman "catches" the spirit with his Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment