Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yes... the rumor is true... THIS IS MY LAST WEEK HERE AT THE MTC. CRAZYTOWN, I know.  No news yet on my visa, so what is going to happen is that this friday (yes in 3 days) we get our reassignments to somewhere in the US until the ridiculously slow Brazilian Government gives me my visa.  In the MTC, word on the street is that my reassignment would be to either somewhere in Tennesse; somewhere in Michigan; Pocatello, Idaho; Texas; and last but not least BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. Yes, there is potential that I could be reassigned to Boston. There are a couple of other places that I could head out to but those are the BIG 5. I could leave this saturday, monday, tuesday, or wednesday.... SO I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED, or at least as posted as a missionary can!

This past week was pretty great. Not only are we 6th week missionaries on top of the food chain here at the MTC, but we also know everything there is to know about the MTC... which includes NEVER eating the leftover eggs they serve, EVER. It was so great because last week Elder Scott, from the Quorum of the 12 apostles came to speak to us. He talked about prayer and its many implications in our lives. It was so amazing! He had such a presence and the love he expressed for his wife, who passed away about 20 years ago, was heartwarming.
 
 Now onto to some saddening news (at least for me), I was all set to break the record this friday for the mile run, so I gave the record plaque one good glance over to inspire myself.... WELL GUESS WHAT?? Unbeknownst to me, some sister broke the mile record by 45 seconds a little over a week ago. It went from 5:52 to 5:08. YUP. I will give it my most valiant effort this friday.... but yeah, that was quite depressing to find out. On the brighter side, I'm almost done with reading the Book of Mormon.  This will be the first time I've read it all the way through and can I just say, it truly has changed me for the better!
 
This past week, my companion sister miller and chose to read a couple conference talk about family and there is a quotation from Prophet Joseph F. Smith that really hit me: 
" There can be no genuine happiness seperate and apart from the home, and every effort made to sanctify and preserve its influence is uplifting to those who toil and sacrifice for its establishment.  Men and women often seek to establish some other life from that of the home; they would make themselves believe that the home means restraint; that the highest liberty is the fullest opportunity to move about at will. there is no happiness without service and there is no greater service than that in the home."
 
I'll end this weeks email with that.
 Love you all and remember to love your families too! I SURE LOVE MINE. SHOUT OUT TO YOU MOM.  
 
PS: send me an email guessing where you think I'll be reassigned:)  morgan.healy@myldsmail.net
 
Much love,
 
sister healy  

No comments:

Post a Comment